- Home Phone
- Cell Phone
- Contact me Contact Form
Professional Status Freelancer
Job/Career Open to opportunities
Franco-American journalistI am a Franco-American bilingual journalist based in Paris. I have worked with several Anglo-Saxon news outlets, and I have an ability to understand and work in very different cultural environments.
The New York Times - Paris - United States(Internship - June 2013 - September 2013)
- Contributed reporting to multiple international stories: http://query.nytimes.com/search/sitesearch/#/aurelien+breeden
France Télévisions - Paris - France(Freelancer - November 2012 - May 2013)
- Web freelancer at France TV Info for French political talk show "C Politique" on France 5.
- Responsible for feeding live coverage of the show with guest quotes, context and comments from Twitter and elsewhere.
The New York Times - Paris - France(Internship - September 2012 - December 2012)
- Wrote several feature stories for the NYT and the IHT
- Articles: http://query.nytimes.com/search/sitesearch/#/aurelien+breeden
- Contributing reporting and research, setting up and conducting interviews
- Bureau management
Worldcrunch - Paris - France(Internship - May 2012 - August 2012)
- Social Media Editor for Worldcrunch content
- Translating articles from top international media partners
- Curating international news and writing short news briefs
- Editing and proofing translations
U.S. Department of State - London - United Kingdom(June 2011 - July 2011)
- Media Hub Assistant at the U.S. Embassy to the United Kingdom
- Conducted intensive online research to document the South Asian diaspora media in the London.
- Produced a detailed report on the types, owners, readerships and circulations of these media.
The Associated Press - London - United Kingdom(July 2010 - August 2010)
- News Bureau (Wire service): writing wires, reporting (vox pops/phone), research. AP Photo, APTN (AP Television News).
- AP Photo: database research, classifying incoming photos from the field.
- AP Television News: editing video packages, dubbing.