- Home Phone
- Cell Phone
- Contact me Contact Form
Job/Career Open to opportunities
Franco-American journalistI am a Franco-American bilingual journalist currently studying at the Sciences Po School of Journalism and the Paris School of International Affairs.
I have a strong interest in web journalism, and an ability to understand and work in very different cultural environments.
France Télévisions - Paris - France(Freelancer - Since November 2012)
- Web freelancer at France TV Info for French political talk show "C Politique" on France 5.
- Responsible for feeding live coverage of the show with guest quotes, context and comments from Twitter and elsewhere.
The New York Times - Paris - France(Internship - September 2012 - December 2012)
- Wrote several feature stories for the NYT and the IHT
- Articles: http://query.nytimes.com/search/sitesearch/#/aurelien+breeden
- Contributing reporting and research, setting up and conducting interviews
- Bureau management
Worldcrunch - Paris - France(Internship - May 2012 - August 2012)
- Social Media Editor for Worldcrunch content
- Translating articles from top international media partners
- Curating international news and writing short news briefs
- Editing and proofing translations
U.S. Department of State - London - United Kingdom(June 2011 - July 2011)
- Media Hub Assistant at the U.S. Embassy to the United Kingdom
- Conducted intensive online research to document the South Asian diaspora media in the London.
- Produced a detailed report on the types, owners, readerships and circulations of these media.
The Times - London - United Kingdom(May 2011 - May 2011)
- Home Desk: reporting and research, helped produce an article on over 200 UK universities (cf portfolio)
- Foreign Desk: produced supporting content (timeline, bio, sidebar)
The Associated Press - London - United Kingdom(July 2010 - August 2010)
- News Bureau (Wire service): writing wires, reporting (vox pops/phone), research. AP Photo, APTN (AP Television News).
- AP Photo: database research, classifying incoming photos from the field.
- AP Television News: editing video packages, dubbing.
Sciences Po, Paris, France (September 2011 - June 2013)
- Specialization in International Security
Sciences Po, Paris, France (September 2011 - November 2011)
- Successfully completed a 6 week training program on covering elections as a journalist with the New York Times and the U.N. Alliance of Civilizations. More information here: http://www.unaoc.org/wp-content/uploads/110915_NYTimes_UNAOC_Electiontraining.pdf
Tufts University and Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Medford, MA (September 2010 - May 2011)
- Completed the exchange program with a 3.83 GPA.
Lycée Thiers, Marseilles, France (September 2005 - June 2008)
- Obtained the French baccalaureate magna cum laude.
- Web journalism
- Data journalism
- Long form
- Digital Media
- Written Press
- Digital (Nikon D7000)
- Film (Kodak Retina III)
- I have lived in the United States, France, the United Kingdom, Turkey and Tunisia.
- I have been to Spain, Italy, Greece, Portugal, Malta, Egypt, China, Japan and the Netherlands.
- Pop, Rock, Electronica, Alternative.
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Running: I ran the 2012 Paris Semi-Marathon to raise funds for the Brain and Spine Institute in Paris.
- Real-Time Strategy, Role-Playing Games
- Blogging/CMS: Wordpress, Blogger, Tumblr, CoverIt Live, Drupal
- Social Media: Tweetdeck, HootSuite, Bambuser, Storify.
- Multimedia: YouTube, Dailymotion, Soundcloud
- Google Analytics
- Klout score: 46 (as of 03/26/13)
- French (mother tongue)
- English (mother tongue)
- Spanish (intermediate)
- Adobe Photoshop CS5 (Intermediate: Layers, Masks, Color Correction)
- Final Cut Pro 7 (Intermediate Editing)
- ProTools LE (Basic Editing)
- Stata SE 12 (Basic data analysis)
- Shooting: Sony DV-Cam PD170, Nikon D60, D90 and D7000
- Recording: Nagra Ares-M